Sunday, July 19, 2009

Upward Bound


having a crazy time...
Jimmy, Staggerlee, and Daniela
My boss, Mrs. Vasquez and I...
Gabriella, the banquet theme was "Let the Good Times Rock and Roll"
Johnathan Fuentes, former Upward Bound student, now Harvard grad., with Daniela
Mrs. Ford (English teacher), Mrs. Cornish (sign language teacher)

This was the third summer I taught Spanish through the wonderful program Upward Bound. These are kids that will be the first in their families to attend college after high school. They make good grades and show effort throughout the regular school year and are selected to participate in the grant program. The kids live in the Odessa College dorms and attend four weeks of classes that is topped of with an Awards Banquet. This year was as fun as ever...my advanced bunch did a song and dance routine to "Buenos Dias Senor Sol" by Juan Gabriel at the banquet and my first year kids did a puppet show in Spanish...they did a great job. I really enjoyed having them and plan on being apart of Upward Bound for many years to come.

No comments: